Back to Article List
Senior Care Services Help Fight Alzheimer's In San Diego, CA
Jun 8, 2018 by Comfort Keepers
Learn how senior care services help aging adults with Alzheimer's in San Diego, CA
More and more information about Alzheimer's disease is getting out every day. The more people know about this terrible disease the greater our chances of finding a cure, identifying and diagnosing symptoms early, and helping those who suffering from it. With that in mind, consider these facts about Alzheimer's disease and the senior brain compiled by Comfort Keepers senior care services.
- Currently, there is no cure for Alzheimers disease and there are no proven ways to prevent it or slow its progression once it has started.
- In the United States, a new case of Alzheimer's disease is diagnosed every 66 seconds. Two out of three of these cases are women.
- In American, Alzheimer's kills more seniors than prostate and breast cancer combined.
- Lifestyle choices determine brain health more than genetics. By not smoking, limiting alcohol consumption, and exercising regularly, seniors can decrease their risk of dementia and other brain ailments.
- Passive activities, like watching television, can increase the risk of cognitive decline while keeping the brain active can decrease this risk. This does not mean you can never watch TV, but it is important for a senior's brain to be challenged as well.
- Even if a senior is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, Comfort Keepers senior care services can maximize their independence, dignity, and quality of life. With senior care services, they can even avoid going to a nursing home and safely age in place.
- The effectiveness of Alzheimer's supports are directly linked to early identification and diagnosis. Learn the most common signs, including an increasing number of memory lapses, forgetting common words, and frequently misplacing items. The complete list of 10 important warning signs can be found on the Alzheimer's Association website.
For more information about Alzheimer's disease, senior brain health, or the many ways Comfort Keepers senior care services can help your senior loved one maximize the quality of their elder years, contact a senior home care coordinator today.
Comfort Keepers of San Diego, CA offers at home care to the Following Cities:
Bay Park, College Area, Del Mar, Encinitas, Fairbanks Ranch, Hillcrest, Kensington, La Jolla, La Mesa, Mission Hills, Pacific Beach, Poway, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, Solano Beach and Sorrento Valley, CA.